Inside Athletics

Athletics FAQs

PC has 7 sports competing in the NJCAA. They are:
Men's and Women's Soccer, Men's and Women's Basketball, Men's and Women's Cross Country, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball.

For general Information, please call the Athletics Department at 602.285.7175 or to contact an individual coach, please visit our Staff Web page.

The Athletic Department Offices are located on the west side of the "G" Building, which us across from Hogan Field and just southwest of the North Parking lot. Please refer to the campus map for more detailed information.

You must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits at Phoenix College for the entire time you participate in any sport. Being enrolled in at least 12 credits will be considered Full-Time status, which is required by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).

There are several types of scholarships available to students. Each sport is allowed a maximum number of scholarships per the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference (ACCAC) guidelines. Individual coaches determine who qualifies for a general scholarship. We are a commuter school, which means that we cannot provide housing. In addition, we cannot offer scholarships to out-of-state or out-of-county students.

You must meet all of the Maricopa residency requirements to be considered an in-state or in-county resident. There are also scholarships available through other campus entities, such as the Financial Aid Office, Honors Program, and other clubs and organizations on campus.

Yes. You may only compete in a maximum of two years (seasons) per sport at a Junior College. For example, you can play two years of basketball and two years of soccer. You may also participate in two sports simultaneously. For example, you play volleyball in the fall and basketball in the spring. As long as you satisfy ALL of the eligibility requirements, there is no age limit for competing in the NJCAA or ACCAC.

Student Athletes at Phoenix College will see an advisor in the Advisement Center. Additionally each sport has a SASS mentor who will assist with academic issues.

Tryouts are individually scheduled based on the coach for that sport. Practice times and duration are also scheduled individually by each coach. For more information, please contact the coach of the sport in which you are interested or our department office.

If you are entering college for the first time directly from high school, you must provide a copy of your high school diploma or you complete high school transcripts. If you are transferring from another Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) campus, you must have the transcripts from ALL of the colleges you attended sent to the Phoenix College Admissions and Records office. Other eligibility rules may also apply. We will also need a completed and signed physical form and insurance information card. You MUST use the forms we provide for you. To obtain these forms, please contact the coach for your sport or the Athletics Department office at 602.285.7175.

Yes. All instructors are given an official absence verification form at least one week prior to the event; however, it is the responsibility of the student to communicate with their instructor(s) throughout the semester to make sure that everything has been made up or turned in prior to the event.